What does a person look forward to, I wonder. I mean in a normal day following a normal routine. For me, it can be seeing Z smile, my cup of coffee, an empty seat in the tube, an interesting portion in the book I am reading, cheerful colleagues at work, good lunch and so on.
I wonder how these would change as one grows older. When I was younger, the sight of my latest crush used to make it a nice day or even the absence of a dreaded teacher at school. It was actually a lot of things, a lot more than what it is now. So my question is, does the list dwindle to a bare minimum as you get older. I remember this aunt of mine complaining for almost quarter of an hour because she did not get her morning coffee the way she wanted it, that morning. When I heard this years ago, I thought she was being extremely fussy. But now that my perspective has changed a lot, mostly due to age and experience, I wonder if I should give her complaint a little more thought. Maybe that was the best part of her morning or maybe day. And when something disrupts such a cherished thing, it is bound to be upsetting.
A relative recently turned 100 [bless her] and the affair was celebrated with great gusto. This made me wonder, what would be the thing one would look forward to at that point? Any answers?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chamathu, anyone?