Nobody tells us that we shall live forever. But why do we always end up thinking so. We say death is cruel, causes unimaginable distress and makes our remaining lives miserable. Why is that? A very dear man passed away recently. When I first heard the news I was so mad. Mad that he did not fight death. After sometime, I cried that I would never see him again. It was only later did I think of how much he would have suffered on his death bed. Sure, it was one of my worst nightmares coming true, but at some corner of my mind I knew that someday he would leave us. Why did that not make things easier? The cycle is clear for all of us to see. I guess we are plain greedy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am sorry to hear about your loss. I agree, we just forget the transience of our lives in our day to day existence and something like this comes along to remind us of this. I hope you find strength and also comfort in the fact that perhaps it is okay to stop grieving after a while.
A said…
Rightly said, Songbird. For once I got out of the traditional mourning mode and dealt with it in my own way. And it is lot better this way.

Popular posts from this blog

Chamathu, anyone?