Far from the Madding Crowd

Our trip to Belfast was great fun. Unfortunately the downside of any such trip is that the euphoria stops lasting as soon as you board your flight back home. It takes forever for the body to understand that life is not all about laughing and having a good time and that there tons of boring things waiting for you.


Was reading this post today and got to watch this video. Hilarious is an understatement. However, the sad part is that most Indians supporting or pretending to support this cause are like Arindham. Clueless. But desperately want to follow the crowd. I can understand people taking part in a strike or fast to show solidarity or even create awareness. But how many of them understand the reason or rationale behind such a cause or protest. Few friends of mine dont even understand what the bill is about, but still claim to support it. Such a support is a lost cause and merely a waste of time and energy, if you ask me.

In any case I am ready to tear my hair off if I come across another mail/ post about Anna Hazare. I have started reading 'Far from the Madding Crowd' by Thomas Hardy. I am enjoying the book immensely though it is taking me forever to get past the first 50 pages. Part reason is that I re-read some lines because I find them so appealing. For instance this one-

'To find themselves utterly alone at night where company is desirable and expected makes some people fearful; but a case more trying by far to the nerves is to discover some mysterious comapnionship when intuition, sensation, memory, analogy, testimony, probability, induction- every kind of evidence in the logician's list- have united to persuade consciousness that it is quite alone.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chamathu, anyone?