Saw two movies this weekend- Jodha Akbar and Velli Thirai. I think everybody has spoken so much about JA that there is nothin left to comment upon. The movie was ok, I don remember much of history but my mom being a history teacher helped me out. In fact for quite a while I was wondering who was playing Birbal's character in the movie :-p. Anyway Jodha's and Akbar's romance was the thing which interested me the most, however fictitious it might be. I never used to like Hrithik Roshan much until this movie. Man, he looks damn neat with that moustache. Aishwarya, well, looks Aishwarya. She must love playing parts which require dressing up so much. One thing Ashutosh probably couldnt make her agree to was not to show her navel. A Hindu Princess during that time most defintely din wear such revealing clothes. How did the Director miss that?
Coming to the tamil movie- Velli Thirai, I found it quite nice. Funny and entertaining. BAd edittin in the second half made the story a little less believable, but I think we can still call it a gud film. Prithviraj is as usual very gud and has played the part sensibly. Hope the other young actors learn from him. Its not necessary to beat up baddies or dance every 20 mins to be called an actor. Prakash Raj, another favourite has done a gud job too. I wouldnt mind watching VT again in fact :-)
Any other gud movie to watch?

Comments

dharmabum said…
i don't think he'd have missed it. i think it was only a question of selling his movie. :)

oh, and i am not sure about your idea of the dressing sense in the olden times. wonder how we can find out
Rakesh said…
Hrithik's moustache forbids me from having acquainted company in watching JA. Though I ain't impressed with it either, am yet to realize what's so irksome about it that my friends decide to boycott the movie. Initially, they were of the thought that its a 'ottu meesai'. When I had them almost convinced that it isn't a fake one, there came a quip, "ottu meesai would have looked better".
Da Rodent said…
> A Hindu Princess during that time
> most defintely din wear such
> revealing clothes. How did the
> Director miss that?

Aw.. well, obviously he did not want to dissappoint 98% of his audience. :P
Anonymous said…
Collection of Actor Photos and Videos ,Gallery, Wallpapers, Latest movies, only at

http://www.hrithiktheactor.com

Popular posts from this blog

Chamathu, anyone?